SAPS Driver Job Description
The South African Police Service (SAPS) is inviting applications for the post of a Driver/Messenger. If you meet the eligibility requirements and have the required competencies for the role, kindly complete and submit the official application form as no other application forms will be accepted. Discover more details about the opportunity below:
Post: Driver / Messenger
Location: Office of the Ministry of Police, Head Office, Pretoria
Salary: Level 3 (R128 166 per annum)
References: Min 2/2023 (2 posts)
To be considered for the SAPS Driver post, applicants must:
- Have competency in the post-specific functions
- Possess a Grade 12 or National Certificate (Vocational) recorded on the NLRD at NQF Level 4
- Possess basic literacy, numeracy, and communication skills
- Be proficient in at least two official languages, one of which must be English
- Hold a valid light motor vehicle driver’s license
- Be a South African Citizen
- Not have a criminal record or pending criminal/departmental cases
Note: Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process, which includes security screening and fingerprint verification. Possession of relevant courses in the post’s field may be an advantage, and the applicant must be able to work under pressure as well as during extended hours.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following actions:
- Perform driver duties in the Ministry of Police
- Maintain and ensure cleanliness of vehicles
- Detect and report defects on vehicles
- Render messenger services to the Ministry of Police
- Complete general administrative duties
- Complete vehicle logbook and submit monthly returns
- Deliver/collect mail, documents, and parcels
Application Process: All applicants should submit the official application form(Level 1-12) which can be obtained for free from any SAPS Recruitment Office or the SAPS website. No email submissions will be accepted.
The Z83 application form can be downloaded via the following link: https://www.govnet.co.za/download-z83-application-form-pdf-and-word/
The closing date for applications is 2023-04-03 at 16:00.
For inquiries call Lt Col JL Shandu / Capt SJ Matlopela / W/O TB Tshabalala at telephone: (012) 397 7256 / 7240.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0