Hill Farm Primary School in Coventry
Grade 3 – £21,189 – £22,369 FTE (£17,726 – £18,714 pro rata to hours and weeks worked)
8.20 am to 4.00 pm, Monday to Friday (with half an hour unpaid break), term time only plus Teacher Training Days
Required to start 1st November 2023
Are you motivated by knowing the things you do well will make a difference to young people? If so, come and visit us to find out more.
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant as part of our friendly and hardworking team. Our support staff team is integral to the school’s vision to ensure that all children achieve their full potential in all aspects of school life and you would be part of our drive to achieve an outstanding quality of education for every child.
Our successful candidate will be a motivated professional who will inspire and enthuse our children and support them in making good progress in their learning and social/emotional development.
Under the direction of teaching staff, you would work with designated pupils, small groups and 1:1 preparing resources, delivering high quality interventions, supporting individual reading and other curriculum support activities to enable the children to blossom and grow into confident, capable, independent and successful learners.
Ideally the successful candidates will have:
- Experience of working with children across the primary age range
- Experience of working with SEN pupils.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development.
- A desire to further develop their skills.
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- An approachable and resilient attitude
- A passion for supporting children to be the best they can be.
- Motivation to work with children and young people;
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people;
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours; and
- Attitudes to use of authority and maintaining discipline.
As a successful primary school working as part of a multi-academy trust, we can offer:
- High quality, ongoing professional development as part of the Castle Phoenix Multi-Academy Trust
- A supportive, friendly and hardworking staff team who are united in their drive to achieve the very best outcomes for every child;
- Friendly, happy and well-behaved children who are keen and eager to learn
- An excellent support network through our hardworking, committed staff including fortnightly training related to your role in school.
- A range of benefits which includes cycle to work, free parking, the local government pension scheme and an employee discount scheme, generous holiday entitlement and a commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition initiatives through our wellbeing committee and people strategy.
Closing date: Friday 27th October 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) 2022.
These posts are exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to these posts will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Trust is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.
Visits and applications: The Headteacher, Dawn Wilson, would be delighted to meet you and talk about the opportunity. To arrange a visit, please contact Marie Meszar.
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.