Baldwins Gate CE Primary School
Baldwins Gate CE (VC) Primary School
Teaching Assistant (with Lunchtime Supervision)
Required: Teaching Assistant (with Lunchtime Supervision)
Post status: Maternity Cover (initially to 19th July 2024)
Weekly hours: 27.5 hours per week (includes 1 hour per day lunchtime cover)
Salary: Teaching Assistant Grade 3, Point 4 £21,189 (pro-rata term time only) (pay award pending)
Lunchtime Supervisor Grade 2, Point 3 £20,182 (pro-rata term time only) (pay award pending)
Pay weeks: Term time only
Start date: 4th December 2023
What skills and experience are we looking for?
We would like to appoint a Teaching Assistant primarily to support the educational needs of a pupil in Key Stage 2. As part of this role lunchtime supervision will be required each day. The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate an understanding of how to adapt and sequence learning progression.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who is
- enthusiastic and motivated to support an individual child to fulfil their potential
- familiar with the key skills needed for reading, writing and maths
- patient, encouraging, firm but fair
- able to work independently but under the instruction/guidance of the class teacher
- keen to become part of a thriving school community which values all individuals
What the school offers its staff
- a warm and welcoming ethos with a focus on the best possible learning for our children. With dedicated staff and enthusiastic pupils, we are a school which is looking forward to developing and becoming even more successful for our community.
- a collaborative and supportive school community that is underpinned by Christian ethos, driven by a shared passion of children’s welfare and education
- well behaved, enthusiastic children who are eager to learn
- a strong commitment to improvement and excellence
Commitment to safeguarding
Baldwins Gate Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position is temporary maternity cover. Any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced criminal record check with barred list through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, references, right to work in the UK and verification of qualifications satisfactory to the school). We will also be undertaking online checks in line with the latest KCSIE guidance for any shortlisted candidates. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and adhere to the school’s child protection policies and procedures.
Applying for the job
To apply for this position, please download the application pack.
Visits to be school are warmly welcomed and prospective applicants should contact Sarah Riley, Bursar, on 01782 680649.
Closing Date: 12.00 noon on Friday 20th October.
Interviews: Tuesday 24th October
Please return all completed application forms directly to the school, either by post or email.
Baldwins Gate CE Primary School
Tollgate Avenue, Baldwins Gate, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 5DF
Telephone: 01782 680649
Email address: email@example.com
School website address: www.baldwinsgate.staffs.sch.uk
Recruitment Monitoring Form
Job descriptions and person specifications
Safer Recruitment Policy
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.