Brownhills Ormiston Academy
Brownhills Ormiston Academy
Teaching Assistant Level 2
Salary range £20,812 – £21,575 FTE
(Actual salary £15,724..26 – £16,300.74)
32.5 hours per week, term time only + Training days
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible or to be agreed with the successful applicant
Who We Are:
Brownhills Ormiston Academy (BROA) is a happy, supportive and caring place to be. We understand the demands of the education industry and enable a sensible approach to workload, and a calm and respectful environment.
Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT) is one of the largest non-for-profit multi-academy trusts in England. The successful candidate will be joining an academy chain which believes passionately that every child should be given a chance to thrive.
BROA is a smaller academy, which allows staff to build positive relationships with, and guide and support all our pupils. We are determined that every pupil be given the opportunity to realise their dreams and aspirations regardless of their background.
The successful candidate will align with our three values: Ready (Ready to learn and thrive), Respect (Respect for oneself and others in all we say and do), and Safe (Safe in all our actions for a happy and caring school community). These are firmly embedded within our culture, and we are proud that our pupils demonstrate them daily.
We have a comprehensive professional development calendar and qualification opportunities are offered to all staff at all levels. They are delivered within the academy, via OAT or via accredited external providers.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for enthusiastic teaching assistants to support and enable students to achieve across the 11-16 age range. The role requires support of individuals and small groups who have been identified as requiring additional help to improve their learning experience skills and raise attainment across all subject areas. You will work closely with The Special Needs team, together with all Departments, to prepare for, and support the student during lessons and learning activities. You may also be required to undertake supervision sessions in our Academy inclusion unit.
Applicants will possess Teaching Assistant level 2 qualification together with a minimum of GCSE Maths, English & Science A*-C or equivalent. The successful candidate will demonstrate clear communication skills and possess the ability to relate well to both students and staff. We are looking for individuals who have a very flexible and enthusiastic approach to suit the varying and sometimes complex needs of our students and be prepared to undertake any associated tasks as required. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate commitment, energy, and drive to join our team and work to provide positive learning experiences for all our students.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience of working with young people
- be able to address the needs of our students by supporting them in overcoming their barriers to learning
- be able to demonstrate an awareness of emotional wellbeing and empathy for young people, to understand their needs and respond accordingly
- be rigorous in maintaining high standards of behaviour and attitude and model this
- be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence
- have the ability to use all Microsoft Office packages to a proficient standard
- have the ability to work well in a team and independently
What we offer:
- Access to the Vivup employee benefits portal with discounts on supermarkets, technology, fashion, travel, etc.
- Access to Vivup – Car Scheme
- Many more well-being benefits are continually being launched via OAT & Vivup
- Access to our Employee Counselling helpline – free and confidential
- Supportive working environment where all staff are valued
- An academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability or starting point
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools
- The academy is willing to support the progress of the successful candidate to pursue a teacher training programme at some point in the future.
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Onsite parking
- Local Pension Scheme
- Excellent facilities
The closing date for this post is 18th October 2023
Brownhills Ormiston Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Suitability checks will be undertaken in accordance with KCSIE, including identity, Right to Work, qualifications, Prohibition check, two references and enhanced DBS check including Children’s Barred List.
The Academy is also committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Visit us online at www.oatcareers.co.uk where you can find further information and details on how to apply. Please note that CV’s are not accepted.
Or apply using the following link –
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. More information about Brownhills Ormiston Academy can be found on our website: Brownhills Ormiston Academy
This post is advertised in accordance with OAT recruitment and selection policy.
Canvassing any member of staff, or member of the Governing Body, directly or indirectly is prohibited and will be considered a disqualification.
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.