Stour Vale Academy Trust
Oldbury Academy is a large secondary school, serving ca 1400 11-16 year olds and is part of the Stour Vale Academy Trust. Ofsted inspected our school in December 2021 and judged us to be ‘GOOD’ in all categories. Ofsted concluded that “pupils at this school receive a good education” and “it is well led and school leaders are committed to further improvements”.
Oldbury Academy is a happy and vibrant school where we aim to provide an excellent education for all pupils living in our community. We have friendly, committed and caring staff, all of whom endeavour to provide the finest educational experiences and a wide range of exciting opportunities for every child at our school.
Teacher of Maths
Start Date: September 2024
Contract: Full Time – Permanent
We seek to appoint a professional, enthusiastic and inspirational Maths teacher, who will make a substantial contribution to the further development of this ‘GOOD’ school. You will have the qualities to motivate and inspire our students, strong classroom management skills, and the ability to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students.
Early Career Teachers are most welcome to apply for this role.
Our ideal candidate will:
What we can offer you:
- Centralised resourcing and access to a range of resources from Go Teach Maths, Mathsboxand Twinkl.
- A carefully considered marking policy with well-being in mind. This includes one marking window per half term and whole-class approaches to feedback.
- Self-marked, retrieval based Homework using the Sparx maths online platform.
- Tailored and subject-specific CPD to support with teaching outside of your specialism up to and including GCSE.
- A fully resourced programme of study, incorporated into the overall Mathematics Scheme of Work.
- Working alongside a team of 16 fantastic Mathematics teachers and 2 academic support coach who are committed to accelerating attainment in Mathematics.
- Teaching in groups set by ability from Year 7 through to Year 11 – with fluid movement allowed throughout their curriculum journey.
- A bespoke KS3 and KS4 curriculum, informed by the National Curriculum and the suggested sequence of learning provided by our examination board – Pearson Edexcel.
For an informal discussion please contact Mr Ben Millington (Actin Head of Faculty) email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 9.00am on Monday 23rd October 2023
INTERVIEW DATE: Week beginning Monday 6th November 2023
To apply for this post, please complete the application form and return to Miss Adele Wilden, either by post to Oldbury Academy, Pound Road, Oldbury, West Midlands, B68 8NE or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information regarding Oldbury Academy please see our website: https://oldburyacademy.com
Please note we are unable to accept CVs as an application for any of our vacancies.
Oldbury Academy expects all its employees to share its commitment to safeguarding and the welfare of its pupils. Your attention is drawn to the details of our Safer Recruitment process and the rigorous pre-employment checking that we will undertake in order to demonstrate that commitment. All staff appointments are subject to satisfactory references and enhanced checks with the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.