We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies. www.faa.gov/jobs/working_here/financial_disclosure_requirements
The U.S. Department of Transportation strives to ensure that equity, transparency, accountability, collaboration, and communication permeate all that we do for the betterment of the Department, the traveling public, and our nation. As such, DOT values a highly diverse workforce of persons who promote a culture of belonging by respecting the personal dignity and worth of each individual and fostering a positive environment where all feel safe and welcome. If these commitments coincide with your personal ideals and professional aspirations, please consider joining the DOT family.
1. As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative, the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each Managerial Selection Factor (MSF).
In lieu of providing a narrative response in the text box listed below each MSF, in your work history, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each MSF. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your MSF answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
2. Some, all or none of the applicants may be interviewed.
3. The position may be filled at any of the following duty locations:
- Des Plaines, Illinois (29.79% locality pay)
- Madison, Wisconsin (16.50% locality pay)
- Elgin, Illinois (29.79% locality pay)
- Fort Wayne, Indiana (16.50% locality pay)
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA