Chuckery Primary School
Chuckery Primary School
Sports Coach Apprenticeship
Are you passionate about sports and physical education in school? Do you want to be part of a team that is committed to helping children to grow in all aspects of their development? Do you feel you can use your skills to make a profound and positive difference to children’s physical and emotional wellbeing? If the answer to all the above is yes, then Chuckery Primary School is the place for you. We are currently seeking an apprentice to work in conjunction with class teachers and school staff to support all aspects of Physical Education across all age groups. We are recruiting for an apprentice on a 24-month contract.
The successful applicants will work in our school 5 days per week and will be given time to complete the high-quality tuition and practical training with XXXX.
- Under the guidance of the Curriculum and PE leads, you will be tasked with supporting the delivery of PE sessions that will include:
- organising and delivering lunchtime sports activities
- supporting the delivery of PE lessons
- running after school sports provision
- preparing children for sporting competitions.
- supporting children during sporting competitions.
- You will also be encouraged to introduce projects across school to enrich our existing school offer. This may include using some school sports budget (with leadership guidance).
- We will offer you mentor support in school, excellent training opportunities and additional sports qualifications.
- Passionate about PE and school sports.
- Passionate about working with children and developing the school’s physical activity offer, developing themselves individually and furthering their career.
- Have previous coaching experience e,g, Sports Leaders
- Be able to follow safeguarding and child protection procedures and the ability to handle confidential information.
Hours: 32.5 hours per week, term time plus 5 training days.
- 5 GCSE’s, including English and Maths, equivalent to a Grade C/4 to 9
- Ideally a Level 3 qualification – A level/BTEC or a Level 3 Apprenticeship
Rate of Pay: The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £5.28 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices will be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over AFTER completing their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.83 an hour for 18-20-year olds and £9.18 for anyone aged 21-24 and £9.50 for anyone 25 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that is part of their apprenticeship.
Application deadline: Friday 26th January 2024
Short-listed candidates will be contacted via email within 5 working days of the closing date.
Chuckery Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Shortlisted candidates must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, such as checks from previous employment and online checks, in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023 guidelines.
It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. The successful candidate will have an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment. Further information can be found in our Child Protection Policy.
Please find application pack attached the job advert. Please email completed applications to email@example.com Please contact the school office for further information or to book a visit by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01922 449104.
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.