Sandwell Children's Trust
At Sandwell Children’s Trust we strive for excellence to improve the lives of children. Our ‘Sandwell Deal’, brings together our new improved offering that make Sandwell Children’s Trust a great place to work; it also sets out our expectations of you as a member of staff.
What we can offer you:-
- Your birthday off paid in addition to annual leave entitlement and 8 Bank Holidays, plus a concessionary day at Christmas.
- You will receive a generous local government final salary pension scheme with employer contributions of 20.5%.
- We recognise individual loyalty with service awards from 2, 5, 10 and every 5 years onwards.
- Flexible working patterns that suit you and all of our roles have well-defined career progression.
- We provide access to a comprehensive employee benefits scheme.
Please visit The Sandwell Deal via this hyperlink
Hours – 37 per week
We are currently recruiting for a Service Support Officer to join the busy Fostering Service.
Admin tasks will include:
- Undertaking statutory checks of prospective Foster, Connected and Relative Carers
- Regular chasing of outstanding checks to ensure compliance with timescales.
- Ensuring accuracy and consistency of information;
- Updating Children’s Social Care systems;
- Taking and producing of accurate minutes;
- Prioritise incoming post and messages, alerting officers practitioners to matters which require attention;
- Maintaining files and record systems including scanning and uploading of documents;
- Ensuring that tasks allocated are completed accurately and within allocated timescale.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Will hold NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent;
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience of working in a business admin role;
- You need to be IT literate with experience of using Microsoft Office packages;
- Have good communication and telephone skills,
- Have good organisational skills and ability to prioritise your own workload.
- You must also be able to work independently and work well as part of a team.
- A standard DBS check will be required for this role.
When people join the team at Sandwell they say it feels like they become part of the family…they have #ComeHomeToSandwell. With the work that we have done so far and with the ambitions we have for the future, it’s a really exciting time to join Sandwell Children’s Trust and to become part of our Family.
So, if you think your future could lie with Sandwell Children’s Trust, then we’d love to hear from you.
Sandwell Children’s Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Standard DBS is required for this position.
To apply please click on the apply button below
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.