Alexandra Infants' School
Learning Practitioner to join our committed team from November 2023.The role will be based at Alexandra Infants’ School.
The successful candidate will work with teachers as part of a professional team to organise and support teaching and learning activities for classes. The primary focus is to undertake specified work with individuals, groups and whole classes under the direction and supervision of a qualified teacher. The successful candidate will have a secure knowledge of phonics to support our pupils learning needs.
The appointed candidate will:
- Plan, prepare and deliver specified learning activities to individuals, small groups and/or classes modifying and adapting activities as necessary under the direction and supervision of a teacher
- Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment
- Liaise with staff and other relevant professionals and provide information about pupils as appropriate
- Use teaching and learning objectives to plan, evaluate and adjust lessons/work plans as appropriate within agreed systems of supervision
- Assess the needs of pupils and use knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils’ learning
- Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
- Teaching Assistants at this level are expected to undertake at least one of the following:
- Provide specialist support to pupils with learning, behavioural, communication, social, sensory or physical difficulties
- Provide specialist support to pupils where English is not their first language
- Provide specialist support to gifted and talented pupils
- Provide specialist support to all pupils in a particular learning area (e.g. ICT, literacy, numeracy, National Curriculum subject).
(Please see the Job description for the full job role)
Have you got the necessary skills needed to help to lead a friendly, supportive, dedicated and hard-working staff?
Are you an outstanding, highly motivated person with a proven track record of making a difference in a teaching support role?
If you are that person, Alexandra Infants’ may well be the school for you!
Please call the school office for an application pack, or download a copy from our school website. Following successful
shortlisting, Mrs Adele Lupton, our headteacher, and the children, would be proud to show you around.
Closing date: Wednesday 18th October 2023
Shortlisting: Thursday 19th October 2023.
Interviews: Monday 23rd October 2023
Start date: November 2023
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and we expect all our employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 – List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.