Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Consider this excellent opportunity to utilize your talents and take your career to the next level.
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) is committed to being an employer of first choice, creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
• a defined benefit pension plan
• maternity and parental leave top-up benefits which includes adoptive parents
• comprehensive health plan
• life and disability insurance
• flexible work arrangements
• collegial and professional work culture
• career growth and development opportunities across multiple business areas
• on-the-job training to support your success in the role
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code. Refer to the “How to apply” section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• provide strategic project management, communication, coordination, support and advice to anticipate and address MNRF-related contentious issues and key initiatives
• identify emerging trends, recommend and implement communication techniques/strategies to address work with clients, stakeholders and internal counterparts, and to implement and achieve ministry priorities
• provide leadership and guidance to district staff and management through the consistent application of ministry policies, procedures, workflow and resolution of problems
• liaise, coordinate and consult with internal staff and external partners or clients to manage and provide advice on approvals and processes, resource management issues and/or initiatives
How do I qualify?
• knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of natural resource planning and management to lead project initiatives; and to provide expert advice both internally and externally
• knowledge of, and the ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation and regulations (e.g. EAA, LRIA, PLA, FWCA, ARA, CFSA)
Communication and interpersonal skills:
• consultation and negotiation skills to establish, enhance and negotiate project/program delivery
• ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external stakeholders/groups and to maintain linkages and collaborative working relationships with colleagues across the Ontario Public Service
• presentation skills to discuss and present information on Ministry priorities, business needs, strategic direction, services, projects and opportunities
Project management and leadership skills:
• knowledge of project management principles and processes to create, lead and/or manage initiatives, projects or related issues
• leadership skills to coordinate and/or lead projects and initiatives and to establish and monitor project plans and the achievement of objectives
• change management skills to implement ministry field delivery approach and build support from ministry stakeholders and partners
• judgement, political acuity, problem-solving and issues management skills to anticipate issues, provide risk management strategies and respond effectively
• organizational skills are required to manage confidential information gathering functions and to ensure information is technically complete, accurate and delivered within required timelines
• planning and organization skills to lead multiple, concurrent projects/initiatives or issues
To apply for this job please visit www.gojobs.gov.on.ca.