Westlands First School, Droitwich
Pastoral Lead and Deputy DSL
Salary Scale 6 Points 18-22, £20,636.60 – £22,217.70 per annum (actual)
32.5 hours per week
The children of Westlands First School and Nursery are looking for a Pastoral Lead to join our wonderful, nurturing school, supporting pupils in a pastoral and Safeguarding capacity.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who is aspirational and determined to help our pupils achieve their best. The successful candidate will be responsible for making a difference to pupil’s emotional health and well-being. The role will involve improving pupils’ confidence, social skills, raising attainment and improving attendance and behaviour. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working creatively and empathically with children, covering a wide range of social issues. The role will also include working holistically with the family unit to further support the needs of our children.
The role will involve working in partnership with the Headteacher, who is the Designated Safeguarding Lead and the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead. The role will involve engaging with vulnerable pupils and families, signposting them to external agencies for support. As of the role you will support other staff on safeguarding and child protection matters, deliver whole school safeguarding training, liaise with external agencies whilst ensuring appropriate referrals and records are made in line with school policy and attend safeguarding meetings with external professionals.
- To assist in promoting the learning and personal development of pupils, to enable them to access learning and make the best use of the educational opportunities available to them.
- To assist with the provision of general care and welfare of pupils, including assisting with personal hygiene routines
- To assist in the implementation of programmes and strategies designed by other professionals such as Educational Psychologists , Speech and Language Therapists and other professionals
- To use positive behaviour strategies to enable pupils to access learning and where appropriate, to know and apply positive physical handling techniques.
- To closely monitor pupil punctuality and attendance.
- To provide support to parents/carers in raising attendance and punctuality
- To provide safeguarding support to the safeguarding team at Westlands First School & Nursery.
What we offer:
- A warm, friendly and welcoming school
- An excellent team of committed and hardworking staff
- A highly structured programme of Continuing Professional Development
- Enthusiastic and friendly children who love learning
The right candidate will have:
- A good basic education to GCSE with a minimum Grade C GCSE in English and Maths
- Experience of working with young people and families within a Family Support or Early Intervention role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good working knowledge of safeguarding legislation and guidance, a background in working with young people, including a working knowledge of the responsibilities of schools and other agencies.
A flexible ‘can do’ attitude and a high level of professionalism
If you are interested in applying for this role and feel you can make a difference to the emotional health and well-being of our lovely pupils, please contact our school office on 01905 772740 to arrange a visit.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the school. Please email or telephone for an appointment on one of the following dates;
- Friday 20th October – 11.30 am
- Monday 23rd October – 2.30 pm
- Wednesday 25th October – 3.30pm
Application form and person specification are attached.
Westlands First School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please submit your application form via email or in person to the School Office.
Shortlisting and Interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 13th November 2023
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.