As a National Bank Examiner/Bank Examiner (Analyst to the Large Bank Examiner-In-Charge), you will advise and assist in planning, organizing, and implementing all functions, including a comprehensive bank supervision program consistent with OCC policies, procedures, and practices.
Large Bank Supervision
New York, NY – (Alternate Location option or Relocation Incentive offered for this location)
Conditions of Employment
This position requires that the successful candidate undergo personnel vetting, which includes a background investigation and enrollment upon onboarding into “Continuous Vetting.” Enrollment in Continuous Vetting will result in automated record checks being conducted throughout one’s employment with Treasury. The successful candidate will also be enrolled into FBI’s Rap Back service, which will allow Treasury to receive notification from the FBI of criminal matters (e.g., arrests, charges, convictions) involving enrolled individuals in near real-time.
There are three key documents that contain important information about your rights and obligations. Please read and retain these documents:
- Noncriminal Justice Applicant’s Privacy Rights, for those who undergo an FBI fingerprint-based criminal history record check for personnel vetting, which includes Rap Back,
- FD-258 Privacy Act Statement – FBI (this is the same statement used when your fingerprints are submitted as part of your background investigation), and
- SEAD-3-Reporting-U.pdf (dni.gov), (applicable to those who hold a sensitive position or have eligibility for access to classified information).
- This is a 5-year rotational position. If selected, you will be required to sign a non-bargaining unit Rotational Agreement that details conditions. Rotational Agreements for Non-Bargaining Unit Positions
- Complete a one-year trial period (unless already completed).
- Complete a background investigation (unless already completed).
- Sign a statement that you are voluntarily leaving the competitive service for a position in the excepted service, if applicable.
- Travel overnight or locally.
- Obtain and use a government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File an OCC Financial Disclosure Form.
- Complete a financial disclosure review and resolve any ethics issues.
- Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 calendar days after the closing date of this announcement:
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the NB-V band level. Examples of specialized experience for this position include:
- Conducting examinations or reviews to determine a financial Institution’s condition and compliance with banking laws and regulations, including assessing risk, and developing recommendations to mitigate risk; OR
- Serving as an advisor or consultant to management on bank supervisory issues, operational processes, and other organizational matters.
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector, or through volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
To receive any credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate the number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Education cannot be used to qualify for this position.
- This position is excluded from the bargaining unit.
- This position may be filled in an alternate location (any U.S. location of the OCC) provided the location is cost effective, operationally efficient, and complies with the standards contained in the Alternative Location Arrangements PPM 3110-53. If in an alternative location, when traveling to New York, you will be expected to be onsite at the bank location no later than noon on the first workday, departing no earlier than noon on the last workday and under normal circumstances there should be no travel on Sunday.
- Relocation incentive approved for the New York, NY location: one-time payment of 25% of selectee’s base pay or 30% of selectee’s base pay paid out in installments over three years. To qualify for the relocation incentive, you must relocate. If selected, you will be required to sign a three-year service agreement.
- If you are a current OCC employee who previously received a waiver determination permitting you to retain bank securities due to extenuating circumstances, please note that this determination may be rescinded if the nature of your duties changes. We strongly suggest that you discuss the potential implications of any change in duties on a prior securities determination with your ethics official.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Selectee may have the option to work a full-time or part-time work schedule at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- This is an Excepted Service position under Schedule B, 213.3205(a).
- Additional Information regarding Large Bank Assignments – Selectees from Large Bank job postings may be assigned to any of the Large Financial Institutions within a Metropolitan work area and should expect work assignments in more than one institution within a Large Bank City: New York City Metro Area includes: American Express, Citibank, FlagStar, HSBC, JPMC, Morgan Stanley, MUFG, and RBC as well as field staff assigned to International Banking Supervision.
- Salary range includes 42.03% geographical pay.
- Total pay cannot exceed applicable pay cap, which is $295,500.00 for 2023.
- Click all links in this vacancy announcement to view additional information and instructions.
- Please refer to “Conditions of Employment.”
- Click “Print” to review the entire announcement before applying.
- This position security clearance is Public Trust – Background Investigation
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Bank Supervision Knowledge
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Current OCC employees must have a performance rating of at least Successful (i.e., Level 3) to be eligible for promotion.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
A complete application includes: 1) A resume, 2) vacancy question responses, and 3) submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible). Note: Please ensure that all bank, financial, and other confidential or sensitive information is removed/redacted from each document.
RESUME: All applicants are required to submit a resume by either creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive any credit for relevant experience, please list the month/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your resume. We suggest you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your resume to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please review Resume Tips.
OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS: In addition, you may submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Recent performance evaluation (be sure to redact/remove all sensitive information prior to submitting) If you upload a performance evaluation do not upload directly from PMCS but save in your files and then upload it in your application.
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete the online application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date of this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, you must contact us by noon Eastern Standard Time on the announcement’s closing date. If you are unable to apply online, you must request an alternative application which is available from the Human Resources Office. Please contact Jessica Ryan at Jessica.Ryan@occ.treas.gov or 202-878-2830 to obtain an alternative application.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for disability during any part of the application and hiring process, please contact Kelly Battista by phone at 202-704-9488 or by email at Kelly.Battista@occ.treas.gov. Treasury provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. You must contact us by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on the announcement’s closing date to request accommodation. If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability, please dial 7-1-1 to access telecommunications relay services. Ms. Battista is not the point of contact for questions about the vacancy announcement.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click here:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/12197866.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the Announcement to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
- Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated.
For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.