Justice, Bureau of Prisons/Federal Prison System
Corrections professionals who foster a humane and secure environment and ensure public safety by preparing individuals for successful reentry into our communities.
Our highly-skilled, diverse, and innovative workforce creates a strong foundation of safety and security. Through the principles of humanity and normalcy, we develop good neighbors.
This job is open to
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a “surplus” or “displaced” employee.
Clarification from the agency
• BOP Employees Nationwide
• DOJ Surplus and Displaced (CTAP) Employees in the local commuting area.
• Duty Location: FCC Lompoc, CA
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If your composite score exceeds the average score for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your online assessment questionnaire responses and utilized to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement. If you rate yourself higher than what is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
There are several parts of the application process that affect the overall evaluation of your application:
- Your resume, which is part of your USAJOBS profile;
- Your responses to the eligibility questions;
- Your responses to the online assessment questionnaire; (See the qualifications section above for the two screen-out elements)
- Your supporting documentation, if required.
Experience that would not normally be part of the Federal employee’s position is creditable when documented by satisfactory evidence (e.g., a memorandum from the manager, Human Resource Manager, SF-52, etc.)
What Job Elements are Required for this Position?
The following Job Elements are required:
- Ability to supervise. (SCREEN-OUT ELEMENT)
- Aptitude for work with prisoners. (SCREEN-OUT ELEMENT)
- Technical Practices.
- Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc. (including blue-print reading).
- Measurement and Layout.
- Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of materials.
- Knowledge of equipment assembly, installation, repair, etc.
You may preview questions for this vacancy.
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.