Hours per week: 37 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
John Willmott School
Reddicap Heath Road
Telephone number: 0121 378 1946
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date: as soon as possible
A vacancy for a Head of Year has arisen within our Multi Academy Trust. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and outstanding practitioner to join the Arthur Terry Learning Partnership and work in one of our schools.
The Head of Year role involves supporting the Leadership Team in delivering, improving, monitoring and evaluating pastoral strategies taking responsibility for a year group of students.
What you will need to succeed
• to share our passion for wanting the very best for our students and schools
• to be committed to keeping our students safe
• be highly motivated and passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with the natural ability to inspire and motivate
• be an outstanding practitioner
• be emotionally intelligent with the ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• the passion and commitment to work in a fast paced, challenging yet always rewarding role
• a relevant qualification where applicable.
What you will get in return
• professional development is key to our ongoing success, so we invest in your development through training, mentoring and progression opportunities through apprenticeships and other routes.
• a competitive salary
• an employee assistance programme and employee benefits package
• competitive pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme)
• professional development and wellbeing days
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
To arrange an informal chat about the role, please contact Anne Quiggan PA to Headteacher, email@example.com
Closing Date: 26 November 2023, 9:00am
For an application pack please visit our website
Completed applications should include an application form and a supporting statement no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining the skills and experience you have that make you suitable for the role.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we do not accept CV’s; applications will only be considered if received on an ATLP application form. Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as we reserve the right to interview earlier and withdraw the advert if a suitable candidate is appointed.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
An online search will also be carried out as part of due diligence on all short-listed candidates.
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.