Coventry and Warwickshire Mind
Job Title: Finance Officer
Salary: £14,595 – £16,216 (£24,000 FTE)
Hours: 22.5 to 25 hours per week – flexible but must be able to work Fridays.
Job type: Maternity cover, 12 month fixed term contract
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To work alongside the Head of Finance in the day-to-day management of all financial matters within Coventry and Warwickshire Mind.#
- Issuing invoices for the projects and ensuring that the invoices are paid.
- Assisting in the production of the monthly and quarterly accounts.
- Help to manage the team inboxes along with other team members.
- Ensuring that invoices received are processed, approved and paid in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- Assist staff with any payroll queries and assisting with the payroll process.
- Respond to emails and requests from internal and external sources.
- To support the administration of information in relation to payroll.
- To ensure all housing benefit payments are recorded and analysed appropriately.
- To adhere to financial controls as necessary to an organisation the size of CW Mind
Essential Criteria Includes:
- A proven track record of working in finance – finance qualification preferred or qualified by experience, ideally with some payroll experience (Moorepay).
- Knowledge of finance processes and procedures.
- Experience of working with Microsoft 365, and Excel. Ideally with knowledge of a accounts package (Sage 50) and a payroll system (Moore pay).
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail at all times.
- Good time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Commitment to the values of CW Mind
If you are submitting a CV, you MUST include answers to the following questions, these can also be found on our application form:
- Do you have any unspent convictions or conditional cautions?
If yes please give details of date(s) of offence(s), nature of offence(s) and sentence(s) passed.
- Are there any restrictions regarding your employment in the UK? E.g. do you require a work permit? If yes please provide details.
- Are you the partner or relative of anyone currently connected with Coventry and Warwickshire Mind? (either as a volunteer, service user or employee If yes please confirm their name and which project they are connected with if known.
- Do you hold a UK driving license?
What We Can Offer You:
The following are just some of the benefits that Coventry and Warwickshire Mind offer its employees:
- Working Culture – based on core values of trust, honesty, inclusivity, enabling, effective and an unapologetic drive for excellence for children and young people.
- Annual Leave – 25 days plus bank holidays plus an extra day for every two completed holiday years.
- Wellbeing Day – 1 day, per holiday year, to be used to take care of your own mental health and wellbeing.
- Life Insurance Policy – Coventry and Warwickshire Mind are covered by a Life Insurance policy. The death in service payment is 2 x gross salary (tax free).
- Employee Development – Active encouragement not only to assist performance in the current role but also for the benefit of personal development via various means. Access to CW Mind CPD training and opportunities to access external CPD training.
- Flexible Working – A range of options available for all employee’s dependant on role and responsibilities.
- Pension – Minimum 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution, with an ethical investment policy option.
- Sick Pay – On completion of a 6-month probationary period, Coventry and Warwickshire Mind employees will be eligible to a period of paid sick leave.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Closing date: 12 Noon, Friday 20th October 2023
Interview Date: 25th October 2023.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be notified.
We reserve the right to close the application window early and without notice should a suitable number of applications be received.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups and people with lived experience of mental health issues.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a leading mental health service provider and an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.