Justice, Bureau of Prisons/Federal Prison System
Corrections professionals who foster a humane and secure environment and ensure public safety by preparing individuals for successful reentry into our communities.
Our highly-skilled, diverse, and innovative workforce creates a strong foundation of safety and security. Through the principles of humanity and normalcy, we develop good neighbors.
This job is open to
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a “surplus” or “displaced” employee.
Clarification from the agency
• BOP Employees nationwide
• DOJ Surplus and Displaced (CTAP) Employees in the local commuting area.
• Duty Location: FCI Safford, AZ
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If your composite score exceeds the average score for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your online assessment questionnaire responses and utilized to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement. If you rate yourself higher than what is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
There are several parts of the application process that affect the overall evaluation of your application:
- Your resume, which is part of your USAJOBS profile;
- Your responses to the eligibility questions;
- Your responses to the online assessment questionnaire;
- Your supporting documentation, if required.
Time-in-Grade: Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements for consideration. You must meet all qualification requirements upon the closing date of this announcement.
Experience that would not normally be part of the Federal employee’s position is creditable when documented by satisfactory evidence (e.g., a memorandum from the manager, Human Resource Manager, SF-52, etc.)
What Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities are Required for this Position?
The following Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s) are required:
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
- Ability to manage resources.
- Knowledge of construction standards, methods and techniques.
- Ability to manage environmental regulations for compliance.
You may preview questions for this vacancy.
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.