Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
This is a fixed term contract until 31 December 2023
We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing and committed person to join our team to work at Hamstead and Central Library.
You will need to:
- Have experience of working with the public, both adults and children, through voluntary work, work experience or participation in other activities e.g. at school, college or in the community.
- work evenings and weekends as required
- communicate clearly and concisely with staff and customers
- work to your own initiative, but also as part of a team
- understand the role of libraries and how they support Sandwell Council’s ambitions.
In exchange, this is a highly valued role and you will become part of a forward thinking and energised team.
Our values of Trust, Unity and Progress guide us and shape our team culture. They define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave.
Why work for us?
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to an award-winning employee benefits scheme, which includes:
- An exclusive retail discounts portal
- Salary sacrifice schemes for cars, bikes, technology and car parking
- An employee assistance and counselling service
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- A wide variety of learning and development opportunities
For an informal discussion, please contact Tracy Wheatley, email@example.com
21.5 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs
Click here to find out more about our One Team Framework: Values and Behaviours.
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.