About The Role
Job Title: Civil Enforcement Officer
Hours: 37 hours
Salary: HC05 £21,968 to £ 24,054 per annum
Closing date: 18/10/2023
Herefordshire Council is responsible for the enforcement of the on-street parking restrictions throughout Herefordshire and also its off-street car parks. Following a restructure we are looking to appoint a full-time (37 hrs) enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed Civil Enforcement Officer.
The post holders will be required to work various shifts as part of a Rota system which will include weekends and evenings.
You will carry out high visibility patrols across the county enforcing parking regulations by way of issuing Penalty Charge Notices to vehicles contravening the parking regulations and carrying out routine disabled persons blue badge checks.
As the role involves enforcement across the county you will need to be able to travel independently throughout Herefordshire.
We will offer you a supportive friendly team environment, regular supervision, good business support and a full uniform.
About The Company
Benefits of working for Herefordshire Council:
• A competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement, and access to our contributory pension and staff benefits scheme, which includes:
• Pension Scheme Enrolment in the Local Government (LGPS)
• Generous Annual Leave: 26 days’ annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays. After five years’ continuous service, this increases to 31 days (pro rata) plus bank holidays. You can also purchase an additional 10 days per annum
• Flexible working: flexi-time, job-share, part-time hours and, in some instances, home working
• Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 access to support and counselling
• Payment of professional membership fees
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.