About the position: This position is located at the Youth Center, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom.
The Hiring Agency will review applications and eligible applicants referred every 7 days.
Department of the Air Force Child and Youth Programs Employee Child Care Discount applicable to this position (see Additional Information).
Pay will be set based on experience and education and/or certification:
- Target Level: $17.76
- Intermediate Level: $16.23
- Entry Level: $15.31
CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (ALL LEVELS):
- The incumbent will serve as a Child and Youth Program Assistant (CYPA) in one or more child and youth programs and will be accountable for the whereabouts and safety of children and youth. Provides care/supervision, oversight and accountability for program participants. Assists in preparing age appropriate activities; supervises children and youth during indoor and outdoor activities, on field trips, outings and special events; arranges and serves snacks/meals. Executes work in accordance with policies and regulations. May be required to transport children in government vehicles.
CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (TARGET LEVEL):
- Coordinates and conducts activities for children and/or youth ranging in age from 6 weeks to 18 years. Creates an environment which welcomes participant interest and promotes positive interactions. Implements program options for children and youth with special requirements. Demonstrates, instructs, leads and facilitates planned and spontaneous program activities. Briefs staff, management, and parents on activities. Conducts inventory on equipment and supplies.
CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (INTERMEDIATE LEVEL):
- Assists in planning, coordinating and conducting activities for program participants. Creates an environment which welcomes participant interest and promotes positive interactions. Implements daily schedules and activity plans to ensure age/stage appropriateness. Briefs staff, management, and parents on activities. Conducts inventory on equipment and supplies.
CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (ENTRY LEVEL):
- Performs simple routine tasks following step-by-step instructions. Assists in providing planned activities using prepared curriculum and program materials. Creates an environment which welcomes participant interest and promotes positive interactions. Generates a list of needed supplies and equipment. Attends to the physical needs of the children, as applicable.
This announcement will remain open until all vacancies have been filled.
Applicants will be reviewed and referred (if eligible) every 7 days until the position is filled.
If interested in this position, please preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/12161514
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting document will be evaluated against the qualifications of the position.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination has been made that you have inflated your responses to meet the position’s qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.,) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Required documents may vary based on the eligibility you are claiming (i.e., applying as a Military Spouse Preference – MSP, applying as a veteran, applying as a current federal employees, applying as a displaced employee, etc.,). The below document(s) are required and MUST be submitted with your application by the closing date of this job announcement:
- PSC Orders or UK Work Visa
Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support identified the general or specialized experience described in this announcement. If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
Other accepted documents to support a qualification and/or claimed preference/priority eligibility may include:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Diploma/ GED
- Disability Letter (VA)
- PSC Orders or UK Work Visa
- Other (2)
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- Proof of Marriage Status
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and supporting documents which prove your claimed eligibility. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package to include supplemental documents may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person’s personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
To be considered for this vacancy you must apply and complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 01/09/2024 to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJobs account to apply. If you do not have a USAJobs account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJobs account and designate the document type when submitting your application. Failure to complete this portion will result in an incomplete application package and you will not be further considered for this vacancy.
It is your responsibility to ensure your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date.
Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Applicant
To verify or check the status of your application, log into your USAJobs account. Once logged in, the Welcome screen lists your applications, your application status and the date it was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Times may vary during the hiring process, as your application status updates/changes you will be notified with a notification letter via email.