Berkswich CE Primary School
The role: The governors at Berkswich CE Primary School are seeking to appoint a Bursar with responsibility for Finance, Health and Safety and Facilities Management commencing March 2024 or earlier.
Hours: 30 hours per week (Monday to Thursday 8:15 am – 3:15pm, Friday 8:15 am – 12:15pm)
Role: Bursar and Health & Safety Manager with Facilities Management Grade 9 Scale Point 28-33
Term Time Only plus 2 weeks (39 weeks + 2 weeks)
Actual Salary (based upon 0-4 years continuous service) £29,637 – £33,495
Berkswich CE Primary is a highly successful school situated on the outskirts of Stafford in a rural environment. It is an extremely welcoming and inclusive Church of England School that celebrates diversity. All staff are highly committed and passionate about their roles, ensuring the very best outcomes for all of our children. We are constantly praised by visitors for the high standard of learning and behaviour within all classes. Berkswich is extremely well-supported by parents, governors and the Parish. The school ethos, ‘we believe, we achieve, we care’, reflects the strong commitment to the Christian principles which are at the heart of the school.’
We are looking for a Bursar and Health, Wellbeing and Safety Manager with Facilities Management to commence March or earlier.
The ideal candidate must have:
- the ability to build positive relationships with all stakeholders
- excellent time management and organisational skills
- the drive, self-motivation and ambition to develop the role in order to achieve the best outcomes for all children
- contribute to the wider school vision and values
- a proactive and flexible approach that includes involvement in wider school life
- experience of working with school accountancy and funding systems, including My Finance or similar
- excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- knowledge and experience of safeguarding including safer recruitment within schools
- understanding of GDPR and confidentiality
- understanding of equality legislation for schools
- successful management experience or the skills and attributes to inspire and lead others
- highly competent in IT, including the use of Microsoft Office packages knowledge of SIMS or equivalent school management system
- NVQ 4 Business and Administration, NCSL Certificate in School Business Management, or equivalent qualification
- a knowledge of school Health and Safety regulations and processes
In return we can offer:
- Children who are respectful, happy and work hard with resilience and tenacity
- Highly committed and friendly staff
- A commitment to high-quality professional development and training to enhance skill-sets
- A supportive, inclusive and encouraging governing board and Parish
To gain further information regarding the role and expectations, we warmly invite prospective applicants to meet with the headteacher or arrange a telephone / zoom discussion – please call the office to arrange 01785 337360.
Please visit our school website to learn more about Berkswich CE Primary School www.berkswichceprimary.co.uk
All completed application forms should be returned to the school office via email (email@example.com) on Sunday 28th January 2024. Please note: CV’s are not accepted. Only fully completed application forms are to be submitted for shortlisting.
Interviews will be held at Berkswich CE Primary on Wednesday 31st January 2024.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and pre-employment checks in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education. DBS Filtering guidance can be found on the GOV.UK website. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-filtering-guidance/dbs-filtering-guide
It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. As part of our safer recruitment process we carry out checks of publicly available data, including social media.
As a school we are committed to ensuring that throughout our recruitment and selection process, no applicant will be disadvantaged or discriminated against because of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.