Ministry of Transportation
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code. Refer to the “How to apply” section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Answer/screen incoming telephone calls and respond to electronic inquiries.
• Schedule meetings and calendar management for managers
• Provide financial administration support through processing financial transactions.
• Provide human resources-related support to managers with recruitment activities.
• Assist with the preparation of reports, correspondence, and other office-related documents.
• Maintain and order office supplies
How do I qualify?
Administrative and Financial Skills:
You have knowledge of office administrative practices associated with administrative, financial, HR services, and office management procedures. tasks
• You have math skills to verify and reconcile expenditures, prepare and review expense claims, maintain records, and assist in the preparation of reports.
• You can use software such as Word, Excel, and electronic mail to produce reports, letters, and other documents.
Organizational and Analytical Skills:
You have reasoning and time management skills to determine priorities based on conflicting demands and timelines.
• You have the organizational skills to handle a variety of work demands and maintain an organized work environment and filing systems.
• You have proven analytical and problem-solving skills to make decisions, determine appropriate action, and resolve discrepancies.
• Ability to arrange meetings, maintain appointment schedules and calendars for managers, and maintain office supplies.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide information and can prepare routine correspondence and proofread written communications for accuracy of spelling, grammar, and formatting.
• You have interpersonal skills to interact and collaborate in a team environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.gojobs.gov.on.ca.