Hours per week: 36.5 per week, term time only
Contract type: Permanent
Telephone number: 0121 566 4370
Email address: email@example.com
Required to start as soon as possible.
We are looking to appoint an Administration Assistant to work within our administration team. The successful candidate will provide all aspects of administrational support to the Curriculum department, working with the Deputy Headteacher for Curriculum. This will be a busy and varied role and the successful applicant will be able to communicate effectively with staff, students, parents, and visitors and have a proactive approach to their work.
Those with experience arranging cover and timetabling within SIMS (or other MIS systems) are strongly encouraged to apply. Should you not have this experience, but meet the person specification in other areas, we can offer training to upskill the right candidate.
Key attributes we are looking for:
• excellent organisational skills and experience of working within an office environment using a variety of office-based computer systems and administrative processes
• excellent interpersonal skills with all members of the school community
• a professional attitude to work in a calm and flexible manner
• able to work as part of a larger team and also under their own initiative, prioritising work effectively
• experience of working with confidential information
• Experience of working within a school administrative environment would be advantageous
• enthusiastic students who are keen to learn
• supportive community and local governing body
• a talented staff team who welcome new challenges, committed to supporting and developing colleagues
• quality continuous professional development
• opportunities to work in collaboration with partner schools where available
Holte School is an oversubscribed, diverse, multi-racial, 11-18 community school who holds the IQM Flagship School Award. The school is on a shared site with both a primary and a special school, with plans to develop our sixth form facilities. The school’s ethos emphasises high quality teaching to achieve excellence and enable its students to maximise their potential.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing date: 20 October 2023, 10:00am
A completed non-teaching application form, recruitment monitoring form and
supporting statement should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal visits, by appointment, are most welcome by contacting Cherise Hogan,
HR Assistant, on 0121 566 4370.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
An online search will also be carried out as part of due diligence on all short-listed candidates.
To apply for this job please visit gov-worker.com.