Job seekers with a minimum of Grade 10 qualification are invited to apply for an exciting employment opportunity at the prestigious Steve Biko Academic Hospital. Our prospective employer, the Department of Health, is recruiting for ten (10) posts in the Directorship of Nursing. This rewarding opportunity comes with an attractive compensation package of an annual salary of R125 373, along with additional benefits. Any inquiries regarding this opportunity can be directed to Ms TJ Mudau at 012-354 1503.
Key Requirements for the Position
As a prospect for this position, you are expected to meet the following qualifications and competencies:
- A minimum qualification of Grade 10 or its equivalent is a must
- At least one (1) year of work experience in a hospital setting
- Physical endurance to cope with the job demands
- An ability to work competently within a team and under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to work shifts, weekends, public holidays, and night duty
Core Duties and Responsibilities
The selected individuals will be tasked with the responsibility of ensuring a clean and safe environment for both the patients and staff.
Your day-to-day duties will include but not limited to:
- Maintaining cleanliness and order of the wards, kitchens, bathrooms, offices, and floors, among others
- Disposal of both medical and general waste from the wards
- Management of dirty linen
- Serving meals, drinks and water to patients
- Regular collection and return of food trolleys
- Ensuring appropriate cleanliness and management of cutlery and crockery
- Sourcing of cleaning materials and waste containers
- Handling of clean linen and consumables
- Adherence to safety regulations, and
- Executing any other duties as directed by the supervisor
How to Apply
Submission of applications can only be done strictly online via the E-Recruitment portal: http://professionaljobcenter.gpg.gov.za.
The application should be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a signed Z83 application form available at any Public Service Department or online on www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. Please note that applications without the new Z83 application form and a detailed CV will be disqualified.
The application deadline is the 12th of February, 2024. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the HR for further instructions.
ISO 8601 DATE: 12-02-2023
Was this helpful?
0 / 0