Job Posting: Resource Quality Information Services Cleaner
An exciting opportunity to join the Department of Water and Sanitation at Roodeplaat, Resource Quality Information Services has arisen. We’re on the hunt for a meticulous and dedicated cleaner to maintain cleanliness and hygiene within our laboratories. With a basic salary starting at R125 373 per annum (Level 02), this position promises a rewarding professional experience.
|Water Resource Management
|Resource Quality Information Services (RQIS)
|R125 373 per annum (Level 02)
|Ms J. Lekekiso | (012) 808 9750
Requirements for the Cleaner Position
- ABET certificate or relevant qualification
- Laboratory cleaning experience will be advantageous
- Basic knowledge of cleaning principles and chemical use (like dilutions/mixing)
- Understanding of cleaning equipment
- Knowledge of health and safety protocols, and record keeping
- Understanding and application of laboratory safety rules, and proper chemical use
- Tactful communication and interpersonal relations
Cleaner’s Job Description
In order to maintain the highest cleanliness standards in our laboratories, the cleaner’s duties and responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning of laboratories and equipment
- Removal of laboratory waste following specified procedures
- Cleaning of glass and plastic ware as per the required standards
- Connecting and removing gas cylinders
- Filling out relevant forms for traceability of activities
- Offices, kitchens, boardrooms, storerooms, and corridors cleaning
- Preparing boardrooms for meetings and arranging for necessary supplies
- Refilling drinking water containers and replenishing restroom supplies
- Reporting broken machines and equipment for timely repair or replacement
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their application, quoting the relevant reference number, to The Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X350, Pretoria, 0001. Alternatively, you can hand-deliver your application at Delta Continental Building, Corner of Visagie and Bosman Street, Pretoria, 0001. Attention must be given to the Planning, Recruitment, and Selection Unit. For more details and to Apply Online for the Department of Water and Sanitations: Cleaner Jobs, click the link provided.
Application forms must be submitted via the newly implemented Z83 form, which can be obtained on the Department of Water and Sanitations website. Closing date for applications is the 10th of November, 2023. Please, ensure that all the fields are correctly filled and necessary documents attached. We encourage women and persons with disabilities to apply. Preference will be given to the Employment Equity targets.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0